The Gizmo Gazette - Special Edition
News from ExploreLearning.com
Announcing the New and Improved ExploreLearning.com
On August 1st,
ExploreLearning.com unveiled a new look and many exciting new features. Subscribing teachers are now able to be an active part of the site. Subscribers can share ideas and learn from other educators using Gizmos! They can also find out about upcoming events, and register for webinars with just a click of the mouse. We think that these improvements make teaching with Gizmos easier and more fun than ever.
For a quick overview of what's new at ExploreLearning, watch our
Community Features Overview Video.
Once you login as a subscriber to ExploreLearning.com, you have access to all of these new Teacher-only features:
- Gizmo recommendations: Want to see which Gizmos other Algebra teachers think are particularly useful? Want to turn other teachers on to your personal favorites? Now you can.
- Lesson Materials Sharing: So you've created some lesson materials that really work well with your favorite Chemistry Gizmos? Upload them so that other teachers can give them a try.
- Gizmo List Sharing: Have the perfect Gizmo List for your 7th grade science class? Share it. Want to see what the Gizmo guru down the hall is using with her 4th graders? Ask her for the link to her Gizmo List.
- Public Profile: Everything you contribute is displayed on your Public Profile. Really like something that another teacher has shared? See what else she has contributed by checking out her Public Profile.
- Lesson Info page: Every Gizmo now has a companion page called the Lesson Info page. Browse Gizmo descriptions, ExploreLearning Lesson Materials, teacher recommendations, and teacher-contributed documents, all from this new page.
- 'Getting Started' Movies: New users will be up and running in no time thanks to our new Getting Started movies. In a few minutes you can get an orientation to ExploreLearning.com, get oriented to our teacher community features, or get quick 'how-to' demonstrations on topics like enrolling students into the system.
- Me Page: Your Teacher Homepage now has a new tab. It's called your 'Me' page. The Me page is your home base on ExploreLearning.com. On it, you can check out our Getting Started movies, see what other teachers like you are sharing on the site, or even register for a live webinar.
To learn more about the new features at ExploreLearning.com, take a
free 30-day trial of Gizmos, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on bringing Gizmos to your school or district.
Expert's Corner: The Next Generation for ExploreLearning.com
Featuring David Shuster, Ph.D., ExploreLearning Founder and Publisher
I wanted to use this month's Expert's Corner to personally invite you to check out the new and improved ExploreLearning.com. All of us at ExploreLearning have been working hard to develop the exciting new features you've just read about. We listened to subscriber feedback about the site, we studied the best of what web communities now have to offer, and, of course, we had a few ideas of our own.
The most important idea was simple: We know a lot about teaching with Gizmos, but collectively our subscribers know even more. Our goal for the redesign is, therefore, to make ExploreLearning.com a place where teachers can help each other to be successful.
So if you haven't tried out Gizmos in a while, come take a look. If you
sign up for a trial, you'll be able to try some of the new subscriber features. You'll have your own 'Me page', public profile, and will be able to view recommendations and shared Gizmo lists from other teachers. And, of course, you'll have full access to our always-improving library of over 450 Gizmos.
We hope you like what you see. We're just getting started and we'd love to hear you.
New to ExploreLearning?
Introduction to ExploreLearning
What Educators Say About Gizmos
Teaching with Gizmos – Demo Movies
The Research Behind Gizmos
New Site Videos:
Getting Started with Gizmos
Community Features Overview
Recorded Introductory Webinar
(To participate in a live webinar, sign up for a
free 30-day trial, then register on your 'Me Page')
Customer Comments on the Updated Site:
"...the new site looks AWESOME! It is so much easier to navigate and the features are great!"
"The ability to network and share with other educator's lessons and ideas is a very welcome addition to a phenomenal website."
Winner: Best K-12 Instructional Solution
2009 SIIA CODiE Awards
Winner: Distinguished Achievement Award
2008, 2007, 2005 AEP
Winner: Awards of Excellence
2008 Tech and Learning Magazine
Winner: Best Science Instruction Solution
2007, 2006 SIIA CODiE Awards
Finalist: Golden Lamp Award
2009, 2008, 2006 AEP
Finalist: Best Instructional Solution, Math
2009, 2008, 2006 SIIA CODiE Awards
Finalist: Best Instructional Solution,
2009, 2008 SIIA CODiE Awards
Finalist: Best Instructional Solution,
2006 SIIA CODiE Awards
Diamond Award in Mathematics
District Administration Magazine
E-Learning Innovation Award
Best Education Website
Three time Digital Dozen Honoree
Eisenhower National Clearinghouse